A yeast infection is a very disturbing situation that many girls suffer from. These infections occur when an excessive amount of yeast grows within the vagina, which leads to pain, itching, burning, and discharge. Luckily, these are ordinary infections and the right remedy can heal them within a week or two. But, there aren’t any famous or common natural remedies for a yeast infection neither the doctors suggest any. However there are some natural remedies that can help treat yeast or fungal infection. If you are still facing this type of medical problem after following these natural remedies, you should consult a doctor or gynaecologist for proper treatment and medication of yeast infection.
Preventing Infections Naturally:
Yeast is present at your body’s skin. It grows on your skin. There are many natural remedies that prevent yeast infection and restrict excessive yeast growth. If your infection doesn’t heal after following these natural remedies, then you should consult a doctor for proper medication.
- To reduce moisture, wear cotton underwear: Yeast grows faster in a moist environment. If you have moisture in your pelvic area then you are likely to have yeast infection. Try to wear cotton underwear daily because it is breathable and doesn’t soak moisture from your genital areas. Make sure not to wear silk or nylon underwear because it soaks moisture from the pelvic region and causes yeast or fungal infection.
- As soon as possible, Change your wet or sweaty clothes: Wet and moist environment is favorable for yeast growth. If you have a wet pelvic region then you should take good care of it because yeast is more likely to grow at your wet pelvic region. You should immediately change wet or sweaty clothes because it will favor yeast to grow faster. If you are back from swimming or a workout, you should change your undergarments and clothes. Before wearing dry clothes make sure to dry your pelvic region.
- Avoid any fragranced feminine hygiene products: Vaginal pH has a great impact on yeast production. Fragranced or deodorant tampons, pads, and sprays throw off all vaginal pH. This environment is favorable for yeast growth and causes yeast infection. So, make sure to wear non-fragranced tampons, pads, sprays and underwear to restrict yeast growth and prevent infection.
- To prevent infections from starting, Avoid douching: Many women use douche to clean their vagina after urination. But douching could be harmful for you and cause infection. Douching cleans all the bacteria present in your vagina including healthy bacteria and creates a favorable environment for yeast growth. Due to removal of bacteria, yeast increase their production and cause yeast infection. So instead of douching, wash your vagina with fresh water after urination.
- Try taking oral probiotics: If you’re suffering from yeast infection then you should take probiotics. Probiotics trigger healthy and good bacteria like lactobacilli growth in your vagina and stop yeast to grow more. Increasing good and healthy bacteria in your vagina makes an unfavorable environment for yeast to grow. Doctors would prescribe you probiotics if you’re on antibiotics course because it prevents yeast from growing and treats your yeast infection. Lactobacillus supplements are the best probiotic to treat yeast Infection. Lactobacilli is also present in dairy products like yogurt and kefir and works as a probiotic to treat infection.
2. Avoiding Pain and Discomfort:
Minor yeast infections are uncomfortable too. At the same time as you wait for the medicine to work, you would still experience a little bit of pain. Fortunately, there are a few things you could do to make yourself experience better till the infection is completely healed. These remedies can’t treat the infection on their own, but they are able to decrease the pain, at the same time the medicines heal it properly.
- To clean your genitals, Use only water: Keeping hygiene of your pelvic region is very necessary to treat yeast infection. Make sure to wash and clean your genital areas with fresh water to remove yeast and yeast infection. But keep it in your mind that you should not wash your genitals with soap because soap changes your vaginal pH and makes a favorable environment for yeast to grow fast and cause yeast infection. After bathing make sure to dry your body especially your pelvic region and genitals to prevent moisture that leads to the yeast infection.
- To relieve discomfort, Take a warm bath: Yeast infection is very irritating and disturbing and causes pain. Yeast infection can easily be treated by taking probiotics and other medications. While to get comfort and reduce pain you must need a warm bath which is very beneficial. Lay down in warm water in a bathtub for at least 20 minutes to get rid of pain and treat yeast infection. Make sure that water temperature is warm and not too hot because hot water causes irritation and makes your yeast infection more complicated. Don’t add any soap or body wash in your bathtub because it also causes irritation and increases your yeast infection. Instead of any soap or body wash add some vinegar in the bathtub which helps to prevent yeast infection and restrict yeast growth. You can take a cold bath as well. It will also give you relief from pain and yeast infection.
- To reduce the pain, Use a cold pack: Just like a cold bath, putting a cold ice bag on your vagina will help you to get relief from yeast infection. If you don’t have an ice bag then put ice on the towel and place it on your genitals for 15 to 20 minutes to treat yeast infection. Keep in mind that don’t apply ice directly on your skin because it causes irritation. Repeat this procedure until your infection heals. Make sure to wear cotton underwear to protect your vagina from more bacteria entering it. Wash your cold ice bag or towel after application to remove yeast and bacteria on it before reusing it.
- Avoid touching or scratching the area: Yeast infection will spread by touching it. When you touch your infected area, germs will be transferred through to other places and cause infection. So, avoid touching and scratching your infected area or vagina because it will cause irritation and itchiness. It’s better not to touch or scratch your vagina to prevent yeast from spreading the infection. Use a cold bath or ice bag to get rid of itching.