The human heart is responsible for pumping blood throughout the body using the circulatory system, it is the heart that supplies the oxygen and all the essential nutrients to all the tissues and removes carbon dioxide and other impurities from the blood. If the organs and tissues do not get adequate supply of blood they die. Living without a perfectly functioning heart is very difficult, when a heart becomes faulty it does not supply the blood properly and that results in weakness. There are many reasons behind abnormal functioning of the heart. Some people suffer from heart disease because it runs in their family and some people own a troubled heart because they are unable to bear the stress of everyday life.
There are many ways to treat the heart disease, it is a fact that in most of the heart problem workouts and exercises is not recommended, but still there are many types of light exercises that are recommended to prevent the heart from further damage, these exercises include some aerobic exercises like walking, jogging, biking and swimming.Before starting any of these exercises the heart patient should first consult his doctor so that he could guide him about the type and duration of exercise he is allowed to do according to the condition of his heart. The heart patients are usually advised to do some light aerobic exercises at least three to four times a week, before starting any exercise they are suggested to do five minutes of stretching or moving around to warm up your muscles and heart.
Best exercises for hearts
- Aerobic exercises: These exercises include jogging, running, and biking.
- Stretching: Stretching makes your body flexible if you are able to do it three to four times a week.
- Strength Training: It includes the weight lifting exercises; the heart patients are allowed to do light weight lifting as lifting heavy weight raises the blood pressure and is not recommended for heart patients.
Though all aerobics are good for heart the following five exercises are top-notch for the heart patients.
- Brisk waking
- Circuit training
How exercise help?
- Exercise plays an important role in strengthening your heart muscle; it helps you become active without feeling any chest pain or other signs of heart disease.
- Regular exercise helps lower the blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Workout even helps control the sugar levels in your blood, it helps one shed extra pounds, strengthen bones and muscles and gives one a feeling of well-being.
- According to most of the health care providers swimming is the best cardio-vascular exercise that may help the heart patients lead a healthy life, by making the muscle of the heart strong enough to provide the body with adequate oxygen and pump the blood to all parts of body in an efficient manner.
There is one more thing that the heart patients should take care of before starting any exercise, it is the weather, if the weather is hot, instead of doing vigorous exercises you can go to an air conditioned shopping wall for a walk. While doing physical exercise in hot weather you should not wear too many layers of clothing.