Maintaining your physical fitness is not an easy thing. You need to stick to a proper diet and exercise plan. Not only diet and exercise, but your everyday lifestyle matters a lot in maintaining a healthy and fit body. There are certain activities, which can make a person physically strong and fit.
In order to maintain a fit body, you need to follow the information given below.
- Know your current fitness level: Before starting any physical workout plan or a diet plan, you have to evaluate your fitness level currently. First of all, go for a medical examination. This is really important because you can’t become healthy and strong if you are suffering from any medical problems, especially diseases related to lungs, kidneys, heart or joints.
- When you get older, it becomes more important for you to see a physician before starting any workout plan.
- If you have just got rid of the smoking habit, you have to go for a proper checkup before following your exercise schedule.
- Never feel ashamed of your current body. Just keep your focus on your workout schedule and its progress.
2. Choose your target fitness level: Set your fitness goals. Try to figure out your goal, it will help you alot in this journey by keeping you motivated.
- Health related fitness is maintained by setting your body on an appropriate weight according to your age. It will automatically reduce your rate of illness.
- Performance-related fitness is maintained by the activities that you perform in your daily routine. There are some occupations that require a high level of body fitness, like firefighters.
- Try setting some reasonable and realistic goals for yourself. If you set some unattainable goals, you will end up in frustration and you might quit your fitness plan in a very short time. To avoid such cases, take help from a trainer or doctor. Ask him to set some realistic goals for you. Take a proper diet and exercise chart. You must stick to the plans you have made until you achieve your desired results.
3. Strengthening Your Heart and Lungs:
For keeping your body strong, you really need a very healthy heart and healthy lungs. If you want to maintain the health of your organs, you need to follow the given steps.
- Just start walking: From all exercises, the easiest and most quick and effective exercise is walking. It is a form of aerobic exercise, in which you don’t require any equipment. You can earn its benefits without spending on its tool or machine. Beside walking, there are some other exercises or activities that you can perform anywhere, anytime and they all are absolutely free. Jogging, jumping jacks, walking and stair climbing are some examples of such activities. However, there are some other aerobic activities that can not be done without their equipment and an appropriate location. Such activities include swimming, jumping rope and riding a bicycle.
- Clean the house: Aerobic exercises are not only tough workouts that could be done only in the gym or with a trainer, but many household activities including vacuuming, gardening and shoveling snow are also a kind of aerobic exercises. Playing with children can also help you in keeping your body active.
- Try something new: There are many fitness classes available online or at the gym, which include many different and some new aerobic activities. Capoeira, a kind of aerobic Brazilian folk dance, is a new gym craze. You can try all the new activities and workouts until you find your favorite one. If you are interested in sports or you are a sports person, try soccer or racquetball which are some famous kinds of aerobically intense sports.
4. Strengthening Your Body Muscles and Increasing Endurance:
To keep your body healthy internally and fit physically, you really need to strengthen your body muscles. Muscles can become strong by taking a proper diet and by following a good workout routine, especially weight training.
- Train with weights: To increase your bone density you need to increase your metabolic rate and prevent weight gaining with strong muscles, then weight training is all that you need for achieving your desired body. Try to lift heavy weights not very often. If you are lifting heavy weights then you need to lower the repetition cycle. Heavy weight lifting will increase your strength, while lighter weights can improve your endurance. You can use weight lifting machines or free weights as it totally depends on your preferences.
- Consider bodyweight training: Although, many gyms and fitness class trainers emphasize strength exercise or weight training that are done by using weight tools or equipment. But you can do weight training workouts at home by using your body weight. There is a list of exercises which involve your own weight to strengthen your bones and muscles, for example you may try lunges, push-ups and squats at home without any trainer or equipment. Body weight training is extremely good for those people who can not manage to continue going to the gym on a daily basis or for those who don’t have a free room for machines. If you have a routine to travel often, then these workouts are absolutely suitable for you.
- Practice yoga: For physical and mental well being, yoga is almost practiced in different parts of the world. It originated in India, and is now famous among the people of many different countries. It does not only provide you strength but also some other physical benefits like a good balance and flexibility. Yoga can be done in a studio or at home. But make sure that you are doing it in the right way with correct body poses to avoid injury. You may take help from a yoga instructor.
Yoga is not only a program of exercise or a part of exercise, but it is a philosophy as it involves your whole body and mind in its practice. There are many benefits of yoga including maintenance of physical fitness, sound mind, strong body and also in your weight management or weight loss. Many people practice yoga everyday, to increase their focus, as it can be considered as one of the brain exercises. It helps to fight depression, stress and anxiety. It generally improves your brain health, as a healthy mind is the key to a strong and healthy body.
5. Staying Motivated: You can involve your friends or family members in your gym classes by making a group of people who are concerned for their health. Other fitness activities that can be done in your leisure time can be counted as your hobbies. Adapt those hobbies which can make you feel good and keep your body fit and active.