We usually take our health for granted. We don’t understand the value of a healthy life until it affects your daily routine. If we don’t take care of our health, it will surely affect our life. Not only us, but it also affects our surroundings such as our friends and family. Overall, health is very important which includes physical, mental and emotional health. You should follow some instructions and habits to maintain your health to live a beautiful and happy life. We will discuss here some tips and habits that would help live a healthier life and maintain physical, mental and emotional health.
Having a Healthy Diet:
- Eat fruits and veggies: Eating a healthy and balanced diet is necessary to maintain your health. Eat those foods which are rich in vitamins, nutrients and minerals. Fruits and vegetables contain high quantities of vitamins and nutrients. These foods have alot of nutrients and are low in calories. So it’s a healthier option to eat as much fruits as you can and get more vitamins and nutrients without any stress of gaining weight. Include these foods to your daily meal to maintain your health, such as; kale, spinach, carrots, celery, cranberries, blueberries, and pineapple.
- Add in lean meats, low-fat dairy products, and whole grains: Along with fruits and vegetables, many other food groups like meats, dairy products and whole grains are also very important for a healthy and balanced diet. These foods are also rich in vitamins, nutrients and minerals. Include these foods in your daily meals regularly to maintain your health and stay healthy.
- Meat: Use lean meats in your diet, for example white meat without skin (chicken or fish).
- Dairy products: Have low fat dairy items in your diet such as cheese, low-fat or non-fat milk, yogurt.
- Grains: Add whole grains in your diet plan. Go for brown grains because white grains are processed and all its nutrients and vitamins have been extracted. Include brown pasta, brown rice, quinoa, and oats in your diet.
- Cut out processed junk: Junk foods or fast foods are unhealthy and dangerous for your body. Many additives and preservatives are used in junk or fast foods which your body can’t digest and stores as unhealthy fats lead you to obesity. If junk or fast foods are processed and packed, the unhealthier elements in it are almost doubled. Junk foods include burgers, pizza, chips etc. These foods are not even called food because they are too unhealthy for you to consume.
- Drink water: Water is a miracle for us. It is the healthiest thing in the world. Try drinking water daily as much as you can, or at least 8 glasses per day. Water helps keep your skin, hairs, nails and all your body organs fresh and healthy. Try keeping yourself hydrated by drinking enough water. It also helps you lose weight. Cold drinks or sugary drinks increase your weight by storing fats in your body while drinking cold water increases your metabolism up to 30% for 10 to 40 minutes. Drinking icy water during exercise helps burn down your calories.
- Concentrate on healthy fats: Beside water, fats are also very important for your health. Your body needs fats to maintain the shininess of hairs and nails. Fats also maintain the digestive system of the body. Unsaturated fats are healthier than saturated fats such as trans fats. You should take foods that contain healthy fats or unsaturated fats such as avocados, olive oil, nuts, seeds, fatty fish etc. in your meals. Avoid taking unhealthy or saturated fats such as butter, margarine, corn oil etc. because it can cause heart diseases and also affects your digestive system.
2. Having a Healthy Lifestyle:
- Exercise: Doing exercises is the best way to maintain your health and stay healthy. Daily workout keeps you active and that helps you to stay healthy. It helps maintain both your physical and mental health. It keeps your musculoskeletal system strong and active while preventing fatigue or cramps. Start your day by doing moderate exercises like running, cardio, etc. Do exercises at least 150 minutes or 2.5 hours a week. Exercise prevents you from many diseases like heart diseases, obesity, diabetes, etc. It also helps you lose weight and burn your extra calories to maintain your physical health.
- Stop or limit alcohol consumption: Alcohol is very dangerous and injurious for your health. Limitless alcohol consumption will lead to many disorders like liver cancer. If you’re consuming too much alcohol then it’s better to stop or decrease your alcohol consumption. If quitting alcohol suddenly is difficult for you then try drinking alcohol in a limit, like 1 drink for women and 2 for men per day, i.e. 12-ounces of beer or 4 ounces of wine or one ounce of liquor. However, less alcohol consumption also affects your health.
- Quit smoking: Smoking has a very strong negative impact on your health. Quitting cigarettes is necessary to maintain good health. It affects both your physical as well as mental health. Smoking attacks your respiratory organs, for example lungs, bronchi, etc. Smoking also affects your surrounding people and damages their health too. Smoking causes heart diseases like high blood pressure, elevated heart rate etc. Quitting smoking cigarettes helps you maintain your blood flow and circulation. Quitting smoking is the best way to maintain your health.
- Having fun: Daily office work or routine might affect your health. Stress free and relaxed state of mind and body is very important for maintaining good health. Take out some time from your busy and frustrating routine for relaxing your mind and body by doing some fun exercises or activities like dancing or listening to songs. You can also do your office work while listening to songs. Your work efficiency will be increased by doing that. For maintaining your health, take out some time for meditation, running, walking around in a room to maintain your good health.
- Stay active in small ways: Sometimes you don’t have enough time for proper workout or if you’re in public gatherings, parties or work place then do small exercises to stay active and healthy. For example, park your car away from your home or office in a distant parking lot and reach your destination by walking which helps you burn your extra calories and make your muscles active and fit. Try using stairs instead of elevators. Do 5 minutes of workout between or before shower and wash your car yourself. These small activities would surely help you maintain your health.