Diazinon is the kind of pesticides that are used to kill insects. It will affect the nervous system and damage neurons of an organism. Diazinon is used to kill insects in gardens or parks. The best use of diazinon is for agricultural purposes like on crops to kill pests. Diazinon is very toxic and harmful for your health. It should be used as a mixture with other chemicals. If you use diazinon for killing pesticides then you have to follow some safety precautions. Mix a limited amount of diazinon to use on crops or plants for pest control.
Taking Safety Precautions:
- Check local laws before use of diazinon: Before you mix diazinon, you have to ensure that it’s legal to apply on your plants or crops. Diazinon is illegal for residential use in a lot of locations. Visit your local government offices or search online to see if diazinon is banned in your area or not. It is very toxic, so before using it make sure that it is legal in your area. Diazinon is very harmful and dangerous for all organisms including humans and the environment if it isn’t disposed of completely.
- Clear off the area: Diazinon is very toxic and harmful for all organisms including animals and humans. It will affect the nervous system of the organism. Make sure when you mix diazinon, there are no animals and people present there. It also affects personal items like your toys or tools. So, keep these things away from diazinon. Mix diazinon in the area where no one is present.
- Work in an open space area: Diazinon excrete harmful and toxic gases that affect your brain and nervous system. If you want to mix diazinon, use an open space or well ventilated areas to avoid exposure to harmful gasses. Try to mix diazinon outside the home. Avoid mixing diazinon inside the home or room otherwise neurotoxin gases would remain in the room and affect your health.
- To cover your skin, Dress in long sleeves and long pants: Diazinon can easily enter your body through your skin and penetrate into your blood vessels and circulate in your whole body through blood. Before mixing diazinon, make sure to wear a full sleeve shirt and deep long pants to cover your whole body and prevent the entrance of neurotoxin gases. Also wear socks, gloves and mask for safety precautions. If possible, wear chemical resistant aprons or lab coats to save your clothes from chemicals in diazinon. Make sure to wash your clothes when you are done with mixing diazinon.
- Wear chemical-resistant gloves when mixing diazinon: Your hands are in close contact with diazinon. So, your hands are more likely to be damaged with toxic chemicals. To prevent toxic chemicals, wear chemical resistant gloves to protect yourself while mixing diazinon. Make sure that gloves are thick and tight enough to fit your whole hand. There should be no exposure of skin otherwise chemicals will harm you.
- Put on eye protection: Diazinon liberates harmful and toxic gases. When you’re mixing diazinon, gases excrete out which is harmful for your eyes. Neurotoxin released from diazinon causes blindness if it enters your eyes. Whenever you mix diazinon or spray on your crops and plants make sure to wear eye protection glasses. Safety glasses or goggles protect your eyes from harmful and toxic gases.
- To avoid inhaling the fumes use a respirator: When you spray diazinon in your garden, it liberates harmful and toxic gases. If you inhale these gases they will affect your nervous system. To avoid the inhalation of these harmful gases, wear a respirator or gas mask on your face to cover your mouth and nose to prevent yourself from neurotoxin. Make sure that the respirator or mask covers your nose and mouth completely.
2. Measuring the Right Amount of Diazinon:
- Fill a clean spray tank with 1 gallon (3.8 L) of water: First of all, check your spray tank and machine that it works properly or not. Before mixing diazinon, clean your spray tank and fill it with 1 gallon (3.8 L) of clean water. Spray clean water from the machine to check it’s spray mechanism functions properly or not. Make sure to clean the spray tank after Diazinon spray to prevent contamination.
- Add the appropriate amount of diazinon to the water in the spray tank: Diazinon is a type of pesticides which is applicable on all kinds of plants to kill insects. Different plants have different sensitivity to diazinon. Add the appropriate amount of diazinon to the water in the spray tank according to the plant’s sensitivity. Because too little is ineffective and too much diazinon is harmful for plants and may also damage your plant. Mix the appropriate amount of diazinon and water together. The tolerance level is not the same for all plants. For example:
- Lawn insects control: Mix 1.5 teaspoons (7.4 mL) of diazinon in 1 gallon (3.8 L) of water.
- Roses, Flowers, Shrubs, and Shade Trees: Mix 2 teaspoons (9.9 mL) of diazinon to 1 gallon (3.8 L) of water.
- Vegetables, Fruits, and Nuts: Mix 2 teaspoons (9.9 mL) of diazinon in 1 gallon (3.8 L) of water. Make sure not to spray more than 5 times in one season. Don’t spray on those vegetables, fruits and nuts which are grown in the greenhouse.
- Fire Ant Control: Mix 2 tablespoons (30 mL) of diazinon in 1 gallon (3.8 L) of water.
- Around House Foundations: Mix 4 tablespoons (59 mL) of diazinon in 1 gallon (3.8 L) of water.
- Shake the spray tank to thoroughly mix diazinon and water: When you mix the appropriate amount of diazinon in water then close the head of the container and seal it. After this, shake the spray tank vigorously to mix the water and diazinon. Make sure that the head of the container is properly sealed. Don’t put anything inside the container for shaking because it liberates neurotoxin which is harmful for your nervous system.
- As soon as possible, Use the mixture: After combining and mixing water and diazinon, spray the mixture in your lawn, garden or plants as soon as possible. If you leave it or sometimes it gives out harmful and toxic gases which are harmful for you. So, for the safety purpose, spray it as soon as possible and empty the container. After spraying, wash it immediately to prevent contamination. Don’t store extra mixture of diazinon and dispose of it in a proper manner. Don’t throw diazinon mixture into the garbage or in the manhole because it is harmful for humans as well as for animals who will be exposed to it.