Myostatin is a type of protein that stops muscle growth, tone, and body energy. Many bodybuilders and a few scientists accept the fact that reducing myostatin can increase muscular growth, also decrease aging and enhance your body fitness. Low myostatin levels can also assist people with medical problems affecting muscle growth, like muscular dystrophy or other diseases. To lower myostatin levels, both cardiovascular (cardio) workout and resistance training (weight lifting) are beneficial. Quit smoking or ask your doctor about precise treatments for help.
1) Doing High-Intensity Resistance Training:
- Put the “HIRT” to your myostatin levels: Resistance training of any type can enhance body fitness and increase muscle. However, to reduce myostatin levels, you’ll need to have interaction in high-intensity resistance training (HIRT). This indicates doing resistance training that pushes you on your physical limits. HIRT needs a full body workout. HIRT includes back, shoulder and leg exercises.
- String several resistance training exercises together for a superset: Set your time limit, not the number of sets per exercise. Do sets as many as you can in your time limit without any break or rest. Do 10 pushups, 10 pull-ups, 10 leg extensions, 10 biceps curls in your set time limit i.e 10 minutes. If you complete 1 set of 10 pushups before 10 minutes then don’t stop, start another cycle and repeat this exercise until you reach your time limit. Take 2 to 3 minutes rest between each superset and stretch your muscles that are used in these exercises.
- Use caution during HIRT: HIRT can be physically tiring. Consult your doctor before adopting a HIRT workout plan and don’t do HIRT greater than 3 or 4 times in a week. Give your body some time to relax and heal too. It’s preferable not to do HIRT sessions back to back days.
- Choose the right weight: When you do resistance training, you need to pick the right weight for you. Begin at the lowest weight of any machine or barbell you’re using. Do 10-12 reps. In case you observe that it becomes very easy and also you don’t experience tiredness, then stop your and load weight in small increments. You’ll understand you’ve discovered the right weight for you when 10-12 reps is considerably tiring.
2) Trying Specific Resistance Exercises:
- Perform bicep curls: Grip a dumbbell from under along with your hands facing up. Grip the dumbbell in this manner so that the weights are equidistant from both hands, and shoulder. Raise the bar on your chest with your elbows. Maintain your elbows pinned on your side as you raise. Sliding your elbows at the back of your ribs, this will lower the quantity of work your biceps do. Don’t swing the dumbbell up with the speed your hips can’t bear.
- Use a chest press machine: Sit down on the chest press machine and modify the seat according to your height. The handles must be located close to the center or backside of your pectoral muscle tissues. Lay your palms on the handles of the machine. Your shoulder blades have to be retracted. If they’re not, modify the location of the machine’s handles in order that they’re retracted. Take a brief pause while you’ve reached your maximum extension, then get back the handles to a position simply past the beginning position so that you can maintain the tension on.
- Use a machine shoulder press: The machine shoulder press isn’t always in contrast to the chest press, besides that rather than pushing ahead, you push up. Make a grip on the handles of the machine, maintaining your elbows in keeping with your torso. In case your elbows aren’t covered up along with your torso, alter the level of the seat. Raise the handles as you exhale. Expand your hands slowly. When your maximum extension has reached, keep the placement brief, then carry the handles back to an area simply above the beginning position.
- Try other resistance exercises: There are many other resistance workouts like squats and free lift weights that can lower your myostatin level. Resistance bands are also used to lower myostatin level at home.
3) Finding Other Ways to Lower Myostatin:
- Don’t smoke: Smoking is related to higher myostatin levels. To decrease your myostatin levels, do not smoke. If you are already addicted to nicotine, undertake a plan to stop smoking. The excellent way to stop smoking is to steadily section out the behavior. For example, if you make a decision to quit smoking within two weeks completely, reduce your cigarette consumption by 25% now. Reduce it by another 25% approximately 5 days later. After approximately 10 days, reduce your cigarette consumption by 25% once more. Ultimately, when weeks have passed, you will smoke your very last cigarette. Nicotine gum and patches can also assist you fight your addiction.
- Use a myostatin inhibitor: Myostatin inhibitors are experimental and are for people who have medical issues of muscle growth. You may also be qualified for the treatment if your aim is to deal with this type of disorder. You’ll need a prescription seeing that they’re no longer to be had over-the-counter. Consult with your doctor about your alternatives for reducing your myostatin levels using an inhibitor. Another experimental method, myostatin-inhibiting gene therapy, is in the early stages of growth. This will one day be available for patients with degenerative muscle problems.
- Ask about follistatin supplement: Follistatin inhibits the myostatin production. Follistatin supplements are used to lower the myostatin level in your body. People with egg allergy don’t use this supplement because it is made up of fertile chicken egg yolk. Follistatin supplements come in powder form and easily dissolve in water or milk. Use it in water or milk. This supplement is very expensive and can’t be easily available in stores. Consult with your doctor. It may be an option for you.
Myostatin stops muscle growth and strength. If you have high levels in your body use precautions to lower the myostatin level. Do lower the myostatin level, do high intensity resistance training (HIRT) like biceps curls, pushups, pull ups etc. This helps you to lower myostatin level. Users should do specific resistance exercises like biceps curls and use machines for workout such as shoulder press machine or chest press machine to lower the myostatin level faster. You also take myostatin inhibitors or follistatin supplements to stop myostatin production in your body. Avoid smoking, it will increase your myostatin level.