If you have a healthy and beautiful face, you should know how to take care of your face and skin. Clean your pores every day with face wash, but keep away from harsh skin care products that destroy or damage your skin. Exfoliate and moisturize your face and skin two times a week. Follow healthy lifestyle habits that make your face and skin look even more fresh, glowy and beautiful.
Benefit yourself with these 3 tips below that you should follow for a healthy face and skin.
Working On Your Skin Type:
- Knowing your skin type: Firstly, you should know your skin type.
There are 4 types of skin: Normal, Dry, Oily and Combination skin. Your skin may fall into one of these types and some parts of your face may be more dry, oily, healthy and greasy than others. Properly examine your face to determine your skin type. Characteristics of each type:
- Normal skin: It’s not a dry or oily skin. It feels smooth and clear. It has few imperfections, no intense sensitivity or slightly seen pores and bad complexion. It doesn’t require extra care like other skin types but still you have to care for your skin to maintain your face health and beauty.
- Oily skin: It has massive pores, oily, greasy or shiny complexion. People with oily skin have a great risk of acne, pimples, blackheads or other skin problems. It is all caused by stress, heat, humidity or hormonal imbalance with puberty.
- Dry skin: It may also be referred to as dead skin, having plenty of dead cells on the surface which cause blind pores and reduce skin elasticity. You may face red patches, dull and rough complexions. It is caused by gene mutations, hormonal imbalance, overheating and medicinal reactions.
- Combination skin: This is a combination of dry, oily or normal skin. Those people having this type of skin have dry, oily and sometimes healthy skin.
- Keep oily skin pores clear: As you know oily skin has many pores so protect it from chemicals and microorganisms like bacteria from clogging your pores.
Follow these tips to take care of your oily skin:
- Wash your face maximum two times a day.
- Use a light cleanser on your face and avoid scrubs.
- Don’t squeeze or pop your pimples and acne, it causes scar formation.
- Use “noncomedogenic” products as it does not clog your pores.
- Moisturize your dry skin: If your face gets dry then moisturize your face frequently to overcome dryness and make your face healthy.
Follow these tips to take care of your dry skin:
- Avoid scrubbing your face. It may dull your complexion and damage the skin. Use light soap or cleanser and keep your skin away from deodorant soaps.
- Apply moisturizer on your face regularly. Use cream or ointment moisturizer other than lotion. Apply high-SPF sunscreen or sunblock to protect your face from harmful UV rays.
- Treatment for combination skin: When your skin becomes oily use acne cream to decrease grease. If it becomes dry then moisturize it and if you have healthy skin then wash it regularly to maintain your skin health and to keep it fresh.
2. Cleaning Your Face:
- Wash your face with face-wash: Use face cleanser according to your skin type (dry, combination or oily skin). Don’t use a hard cleanser because it damages the skin and removes natural oil. Avoid products containing chemicals like salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. It irritates and disturbs the water balance of your skin. Use natural antibacterial products like honey or oats. Harsh products damage your skin and make wrinkles and scars and dull your complexion.
- Avoid plain soap: Many normal soap contain harsh chemicals that can be useful for cleaning your face but it damages your skin cells. Plain soap may be better for your whole body but not for your face because it is more sensitive. So I prefer high quality face wash instead of plain soap. Your skin is acidic while soap is alkaline based. Soap will mess with your face pH balance and make your skin worse.
- Use acne cream: Acne cream helps you to clean your pores. A good skin care routine consists of: gentle face wash, sensitive moisturizer, acne meditation and good toner. Apply acne cream containing salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide on your pores. It will help you to wash your pores and restrict bacteria that cause acne.
- Don’t let sweat dry on your face: After doing workout or any exercise or spending time in a hot environment, wash your face with water or use a towel to dry your sweat. If you let sweat dry on your face it will soak bacteria in your skin and cause acne.
3. Care For Your Skin:
- Avoid touching your face, especially when it’s oily: Your hands convey oils, and when your fingers get in contact with your face, the oil is shifted to your face. This causes pimples to break out and your face can lose elasticity. The muscle tissue inside the pores and skin may also steadily loosen and could sag; this may cause wrinkles and make your skin unhealthy. Avoid contacting your fingers and your face.
- Don’t squeeze or pop pimples: It seems like popping or squeezing a pimple removes dirt in it and makes a pore clear but in reality it traps bacteria and pushes it back to the skin cells and causes a chain reaction of acne formation. Don’t squeeze a pimple because if blood gets in contact with pus it will form scars. Rub alcohol on pimples to remove pus and heal your pimples.
- Clean your makeup brushes: Wash your makeup brushes before and after the makeup with warm water regularly because unwashed brushes contain bacteria in it. When you use unwashed brushes on your face it transfers bacteria into your pores and causes pimples and acne. Use high quality makeup products and always apply primer to protect your face. Keep in mind to wash your makeup before going to sleep.
- Apply a face-mask every week: Face masks protect your skin from scars, acne, pimples, spots, blackheads, wrinkles and it also makes your skin glow, bright and fresh. Face masks are easily available in your nearby pharmacy or beauty stores and you can also make your own homemade face mask with ingredients like honey, milk, banana, avocado, yogurt, lemon, oats, and cucumber.
If you have a healthy face and skin, you should take care of it. If you don’t have healthy skin then you should follow some tips to make your face healthy. Firstly decide your skin type. If you have normal skin then keep your skin healthy, if you have dry skin you should moisturize your face daily, if you have oily skin then use face cleanser and face wash to remove excess oil or if you have combination skin then use cleanser, face wash and moisturizer. Try to wash your face with cleanser, face wash or acne cream maximum twice daily and avoid soap or harmful products containing salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide. Avoid squeezing your pimples. Touching your face with your hand makes your face oily. Clean your makeup brushes before and after makeup. It will protect you from acne and pimples and apply a face mask every week to make your face healthy and beautiful.